Wednesday 14 January 2015

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

Hey guys!

As my hobby buzz continues, I actually am continuing to make serious progress of my Tempestus Milliatrum force (serious sarcasm aside). The second week of January saw the completion of my second Valkyrie. So two down, one more to go.

Being a little more comfortable with the Valkyrie kit I managed to get the assembly time down to a few hours (like 6-8 hours. Is that a lot?). I spent a little bit more time green-stuffing the mould lines (and enjoying the use of liquid green-stuff). I am actually getting used to how to apply liquid green-stuff with minimal fuss. I found the best approach is to use several thin layers and build it up over time. The final stage involves a fair amount of filing to blend it all in. I am really happy with how it turned out and how easy it was to make a seamless joint.

Ta-dah! Pretty proud I must say.

The amount of filing involved was ridiculous. Worth it, but still
pretty nuts. 

Anyways! Here are a few more photos of the finished products. Two down, one to go! I am just ignoring the point that I have to paint them yet.


Two Valkyries completed. Looking good.







The next part of the plan is to magnetise the weapons. The plan is to be able to  interchange the weapons (so I can make the most out of a $110 kit). I have picked up some 1mm x 2mm rare earth magnets (which are hella small) and hopefully I will have some success.  

Anyways,

Wish me luck!

Brodie

P.S. I actually bought a 4th Valkyrie kit. I think I may have a problem. My hell continues.

1 comment:

  1. Doing well mate, keep at it. Gotta say those are some of the best assembled Valkyries I've seen thus far. Sadly I'm still struggling to get used to the LGS as I'm too impatient to build it up slowly.

    ReplyDelete