Monday 19 January 2015

Developing into a Master-Baser.

Hey guys!

This post is pretty much mostly photos (a picture is worth a thousand words, right?) I recently (well always) have been getting into the bases made by a company called back2basix (thanks to Trevor and Mark for introducing me to their range). The only issue with their base sets they have for sale is that there are a limited number of styles you can use. So to deal with those issues I have recently been looking at making my own.

Here is a brief run down on what I used. I ended up buying the urban basing kit from games-workshop (you can probably see it in most of the photos). The kit comes with different sizes of rocks/rubble, some plastic detailing and brass sheeting. Combined with cork (ripped from a sheet. The rougher the edges the better). Finally. I coated them with sand. Ta-dah! A set of bases. And cue the photos.





I ended up using green stuff to make a mound on the base to give it a 3D effect.

After the green stuff dried; the next step was to layer with sand. 


And behold the finished products.






I've even started on the next batch. I'm playing around with different levels and materials to really bring home the city ruin theme. 

I ended up using a plastic tile sheet that I found at Hobbyrama.
It has the same consistency as plasticard. 


Anyway I thought I'd finish with a group shot. So, at this point I'll just keep on basing. 10 cultists down, 30 more to go. Wish me luck! 

Catch ya guys!

Brodie.



P.S. I spent way to much time un-sticking my fingers after using super-glue. God bless plastic glue and the fact it wont glue my hands together. 


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying watching your army progress mate. Can't wait to finally get a chance to throw down against your flying aces.

    ReplyDelete